Skip to content

Explore Your Future!

We offer what you need to achieve success. Come explore and find out why so many students have decided to call one of the colleges in the Alamo Colleges District the pathway to their future.

Not sure where to start? Our Career Assessment Tool can help.


Welcome to ACES

Alamo Colleges Education Services is a secure portal connecting Faculty, Staff & Students to Academic Resources, Email, and other Online Resources.

Support Contacts Helpdesk (210) 486-5000


Login to ACES

Library Info

Library Information

1201 Kitty Hawk
Universal City, TX
(210) 486-5387
Please see the main library home page for the hours.                   

Transfer Credit Requirements

Students requesting transcript evaluation for transfer credit must submit the official transcript and an official third (3) party report/recommendation from a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member that includes translation, interpretation, and evaluation of the transcript. Credit will be awarded based on the information contained in the report and offerings of the Alamo Colleges District.

Transfer Admissions

A transfer student is any student who has completed previous college work at a regionally accredited college or university and plans to attend the Alamo Colleges District. In addition to the standard criteria for admission, all official transcripts sent from all colleges attended are required at the time of admission. An official transcript from the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) fulfills the transcript requirement.

Transfer Transcript Evaluation

The term “official transcript of record” refers to the record of coursework transferred from other regionally accredited colleges and universities to the Alamo Colleges District. An official evaluation of college transfer coursework will be processed during the first (1) semester of enrollment at the Alamo Colleges District.

The Alamo Colleges District accept any passing grade from any regionally accredited institution. Passing is a grade of “D” or better. Transcripts received become the permanent property of the Alamo Colleges District.

Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be forwarded to the respective Alamo Colleges District. Transcripts may not be faxed.

Transfer students are not at liberty to disregard any part of their past collegiate record and apply for admission on a partial college record or solely on the basis of a high school record.

Transfer Credit Policy

To meet the requirements, only those courses in which a “D” or better has been earned may be applied toward a certificate or degree, and only those technical courses in which a “C” or better has been earned may be applied to meet the requirements in the major field of study. This policy applies to all degree plans. Credit may be transferred to the Alamo Colleges District from colleges and universities regionally accredited by one of the following associations:

  • Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
  • New England Association of Colleges and Schools
  • Northwest Association of Colleges and Schools
  • North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
  • Western Association of Colleges and Schools

Transfer Credit

Credit from institutions not regionally accredited by one of the above associations is not accepted by the Alamo Colleges District. The Alamo Colleges Center for Student Information (CSI) is responsible for verifying an institution’s regional accreditation status and for evaluating the official transcripts. Traditional classroom instruction and credit by examination are the basis on which transferred credit is recognized. A minimum of 25% of the required semester credit hours toward a degree or certificate must be completed at the college of the Alamo Colleges District granting the degree or certificate.

Transfer credit may meet graduation requirements if equivalent to the Alamo Colleges District's course. Questions regarding course equivalences should be directed to the Enrollment Services/Admissions and Records Office.

Military Transfer Admissions

Transfer work from military education is accepted based on the American Council on Education Guide. Students must present an official copy of the Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System or the Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript.

Former Student Admissions

Students who have previously attended  one or more of the Colleges within the Alamo Colleges District and have not enrolled within the past twelve (12) months at any other college or university must satisfy all applicable admissions requirements prior to registration and complete the ApplyTexas Application. Students with dismissals more than ten (10) years old will enter in Good Academic Standing. Returning students whose last status was Academic Dismissal must petition for readmission as outlined under Academic Standing and Probation.

If students return to the Alamo Colleges District after a five (5) year absence, they may be required to re-submit transcripts for admission and/or graduation. Students who have been academically dismissed from a former institution should refer to Academic Standing and Probation.

International Student Admissions

International students bring a variety of cultures to enrich the college community and help to prepare all students for the challenges of an increasingly interdependent world.

All persons seeking admission holding non-permanent visas will be processed as International Students. Applicants for F-1 student visas, or F-1 visa students transferring from a high school, college, or university in the United States, must submit a completed International Student Application Form available online.

All International Students must follow the guidelines for Texas Success Initiative (TSI) as determined by Texas State law. International Student applicants not completing college-level courses at a United States college or university are required to take the Accuplacer, ASSET, or THEA examinations before the start of the first (1) semester of enrollment. A student who fails any one (1) of three (3) areas (reading, math, or writing) may enroll in some program courses but may also be required to enroll in developmental courses as needed.

All persons seeking admission holding non-permanent visas will be processed as International Students. 

Transcript Request

Students may access unofficial transcripts and grades through ACES in Banner at

To request an official transcript of record, students must complete a Transcript Request Form online through ACES. Once processed, transcripts will be sent as requested.

In compliance with FERPA regulations and Alamo Colleges policy, transcripts may only be released to the student of record. Transcripts may be requested and received:

Online through ACES in Banner at
Via U.S. mail or fax, provided the fax includes a signature and Banner ID or Social Security Number
Educational Releases signed by the student are required for each request and are subject to review.

The Alamo Colleges District will not mail via overnight services; fax to other educational institutions, students, employers or other third parties; or accept students’ personal requests for transcripts via email or phone.

An Academic Hold will prevent processing and release of a student transcript. Transcripts will be withheld if students have not settled all admissions requirements (e.g., submitting official transcripts from all institutions attended) and satisfied all financial obligations to the Alamo Colleges District.